Laurentis Energy Partners is an innovative forward-thinking company always looking for new and efficient ways to get the job done.
We are able to get things done because we are surrounded by some of the best employees in the energy sector.
Laurentis is a company on the move. Whether you are an experienced professional, a recent graduate or looking to explore an exciting career – you can consider us as your top choice!
Laurentis is an industry leader looking for talent. This exciting opportunity offers a starting rate of $26.52/hr. The ideal candidate would have 1-3 years experience working in the nuclear industry. All successful applicants with be represented by the Power Workers’ Union.
Working in accordance with prescribed safety procedures and regulations:
- On a shift or day basis, provide radiation protection services to internal and external staff who are not qualified to provide self-protection.
- Provide routine radiation protection in support of the radiation protection program and operations and maintenance activities.
- Review hazards and conduct surveys to confirm hazard levels to ensure that all radiation protection conditions in the work instructions are accurate at the time of work execution.
- Document findings and place barriers and post-hazard warning as required. Evaluate survey results identify areas where hazard controls need to be adjusted or additional radiation protection measures are required.
- Participate in pre-job briefings and post-job debriefings on radiological aspects.
- While acting as a Radiation Protection Co-ordinator, prepare and review the required documentation.
- Ensure proper and functional personal protective equipment, dose monitoring devices, communication equipment.
- Ensure proper radiation and contamination controls are in place. Operate teledosimetry systems and devices. Complete post job requirements including housekeeping and all documentation and reporting requirements.
- Observe work, coach personnel and ensure workers appropriately use radiation protection equipment and techniques as per Radiation Protection Procedures, work instructions and policies.
- On observing procedural non-compliance, STOP employee or work from proceeding and remove employee to a safe location to discuss deviation from or deficiencies in the application of approved procedures to obtain compliance. Refer to appropriate Manager for resolution.
- Prepare and process radioactive material for shipment. Perform routines such as unit walk downs, field surveillance and data collection for performance indicators or investigations.
- Carry out orientations to physical plant lay-out, etc. Assist with decontamination of plant personnel, tools, equipment, and areas.
- Accountable for the health, safety and well being of self and others, in accordance with technical/operating procedures and standards.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Specialized Training in Radiation Protection (or equivalent)
- 1-3 years experience working in a nuclear setting
- Physical activity and ability to routinely lift/carry up to 50lbs
LEP offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value. Being an LEP employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable contribution as part of an organization vital to Ontario’s success.
At Laurentis, we value: Safety, Integrity, Excellence and People – this is what sets us apart.
Successful candidates will receive an attractive wage and benefit package including life insurance, drug and dental plan and retirement program through the Power Sector Benefit Trust.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU?
- We care about the safety and well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority.
- A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
- Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate.
- We support employment equity and diversity.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected] by 11:59 p.m. E.S.T., Monday, Aug. 31, 2020. Laurentis thanks all applicants; however only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Laurentis is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made. If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact [email protected].