Laurentis Energy Partners is an innovative forward-thinking company always looking for new and efficient ways to get the job done.
We are able to get things done because we are surrounded by some of the best employees in the energy sector.
Laurentis is a company on the move. Whether you are an experienced professional, a recent graduate or looking to explore an exciting career – you can consider us as your top choice!
Radiation Protection Technician II
Full Time, Regular
High School Diploma (or equivalent), and Specialized Training in Radiation Protection (or equivalent)
Power Workers’ Union
Deadline to apply:
October 31, 2021
Laurentis Energy Partners (LEP) is on a high growth trajectory. We offer an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a core value. We seek ambitious and intelligent leaders in the energy industry with the ability to think differently to find new ways to solve problems. Being an LEP employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills, and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is contributing to Ontario's success. Laurentis Energy Partners is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ontario Power Generation (OPG). Our values are our strengths, and they are fundamental truths about us that do not change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship.
LEP is seeking dynamic talent to join our team in the role of Radiation Protection Technician II. This exciting opportunity offers a starting rate of $26.79/hr. The ideal candidate would have 1-3 years’ experience working in the nuclear industry. Successful applicants with be represented by the Power Workers’ Union.
Working in accordance with prescribed safety procedures and regulations:
- On a shift or day basis, provide radiation protection services to internal and external staff who are not qualified to provide self-protection.
- Provide routine radiation protection in support of the radiation protection program and operations and maintenance activities.
- Review hazards and conduct surveys to confirm hazard levels to ensure that all radiation protection conditions in the work instructions are accurate at the time of work execution.
- Document findings and place barriers and post-hazard warning as required. Evaluate survey results identify areas where hazard controls need to be adjusted or additional radiation protection measures are required.
- Participate in pre-job briefings and post-job debriefings on radiological aspects.
- While acting as a Radiation Protection Co-ordinator, prepare and review the required documentation.
- Ensure proper and functional personal protective equipment, dose monitoring devices, communication equipment.
- Ensure proper radiation and contamination controls are in place. Operate teledosimetry systems and devices. Complete post job requirements including housekeeping and all documentation and reporting requirements.
- Observe work, coach personnel, and ensure workers appropriately use radiation protection equipment and techniques as per Radiation Protection Procedures, work instructions and policies.
- On observing procedural non-compliance, STOP employee or work from proceeding and remove employee to a safe location to discuss deviation from or deficiencies in the application of approved procedures to obtain compliance. Refer to appropriate Manager for resolution.
- Prepare and process radioactive material for shipment. Perform routines such as unit walk downs, field surveillance and data collection for performance indicators or investigations.
- Carry out orientations to physical plant lay-out, etc. Assist with decontamination of plant personnel, tools, equipment, and areas.
- Accountable for the health, safety and wellbeing of self and others, in accordance with technical/operating procedures and standards.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Specialized Training in Radiation Protection (or equivalent)
We are seeking dynamic and results-driven professionals who has the following:
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a nuclear setting.
- Physical activity and ability to routinely lift/carry up to 50lbs.
LEP offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value. Being an LEP employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is vital to Ontario's success.
Here's why LEP might just be the ideal workplace for you
- Exceptional range of opportunities province wide.
- Fast growing and dynamic working environment.
- Long-term career growth and development opportunities.
- If you are looking to learn from others and be part of something important, and you are excited. about the future of Energy, you will find the right fit at LEP.
Our promise to you
- We care about the safety and well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority.
- A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
- Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business.
- Provide spaces for innovative thinking and solutions.
- Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate.
- We support employment equity and diversity.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by 11:59 p.m. (EST), June 30, 2021 to [email protected]. LEP thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
LEP is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made.