Laurentis creates customizable training solutions for any of your needs. We can provide you with the skills you require to be successful - from operations, to security, to emergency applications, we're capable of giving you the essential training tools to support your employees.
Our Operations Training Programs meet the requirements of WANO, INPO, IAEA and the CNSC. Some of the training we can provide are:
- Project Management;
- First Level Managers; or
- International Senior Plant Manager.
Laurentis is able to provide real-world training stimulations by utilizing OPG’s Wesleyville security and rescue training facility or usage of an alternate location based on client needs.
Real-world Training Simulations
We also provide fire and emergency services training for external agencies like:
- Regional and municipal fire services
- Industrial fire brigades and emergency response teams
- Regional colleagues and universities
Fire Course Training
Our instructors are among the best in the industry offering courses from 4 hours to 12 weeks in duration. Some of the courses include (but not limited to):
- Fire Extinguisher
- Medical (First Aid, Emergency Medical Responder)
- Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Incident Command (including Blue Card)
- Technical Rescue (including Rope & Confined Space)
- Live Fire Training (Class A & B)
- Firefighter 1 Program
Approximately 2,700 credits for training are completed every year.
The Firefighter 1 Program is supported by 10 trainers, supervisors and a manager. By the end of the 12-week program, successful candidates will receive certificates in:
- Firefighter 1 Program meeting National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1001 Level 1 2013 edition
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Pre-hospital Care Program
- NFPA 472 Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations
- IMS 100
- Blue Card Certification
Firefighter 1 Program
Participants in the Firefighter 1 Program will be enrolled in the following courses:
- Pre-course (1 week)
- Firefighter Level 1 (4 weeks)
- Emergency Medical Responder (3 weeks)
- Technical Rescue – Rope and Confined Space (1 week)
- HAZMAT Awareness (online), Operations Level (1 week)
- Pumper Operations (1 week)
- Incident Command (1 week)
Qualifications of Graduates
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will receive the following:
- NFPA 1001: Standard for Professional Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications (for completion of all courses)
- NFPA 1002: Standard for Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator Professional Qualifications
- NFPA 1006: Standard for Technical Rescue Personnel Professional Qualifications
- NFPA 472: Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR): Lakeridge Health Base Hospital Program based on National Occupational Competency Profile for Pre-hospital Providers
- Introduction to Incident Management System (IMS 100): Including Incident Command Blue Card Certification
The Wesleyville Fire & Rescue Academy is a massive compound sitting on 44 acres of land. The training facility has a 4 story fire tower (11 Class A burn areas) and various propane displays (11 Class B props) such as an extinguisher, car, vertical tank and flaming jet. The extensive fire yard contains multiple support buildings that has a first aid station, PPE/SCBA, compressor station and garages with fully equipped fire apparatus.
Rental Areas and Equipment
We have a variety of rental areas and equipment available to you. You have the option of renting various trailers (Fire Safety, Drive Wise and Forcible Entry), PPE including bunker gear and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), fire tower, classrooms, rescue chalet, and driver training track.
Get in Touch With us by Email.
Interested in learning more about our services? We’d love to hear from you.